Choosing the right weed seeds is very important. No matter if you are growing your plants at home or becoming an affiliate, you’re going to want and need the best marijuana seeds.
Buying seeds is an easy job for people who have spent a lot of time studying marijuana and all of its effects. However, if you’re a beginner, it’s best to get advice on the best seeds that you can get. Below are five different products to take into consideration.
BERGMAN'S GOLD LEAF FEMINISED
Pain, Depression, Anxiety, Low energy
Stress, Sleep, Lack of energy
Low 2% CBD, 21-27% THC
Tall, High yield, Indoors, Medium grow
GREEN CRACK FEMINIZED
SOUR DIESEL FEMINISED
Depression, Fatigue, Stress
Focus, Pain, Inflammation, Fatigue
Low (<1%) CBD, 19 -25% THC
Medium Height, Medium yield, In/outdoors, Easy grow
Tall, Medium yield, In/outdoors, Medium grow
DR. GRINSPOON FEMINIZED
GRANDDADDY PURPLE FEMINISED
Stress, Pain, Insomnia, Appetite loss
Low (<1%) CBD, 25% THC
Low (<1%) CBD, 18 -24% THC
Tall, Medium yield, In/outdoors, Medium grow
Low, High yield, In/outdoors, Easy grow
BLUE VELVET FEMINIZED
BUBBA KUSH FEMINISED
Depression, Fatigue, Stress
High stress, Anxiety, Insomnia, Pain
Low CBD, 19% THC
Low CBD, 16 - 18% THC
Tall, Medium-HIgh yield, In/outdoors, Easy grow
Low/Medium, High yield, In/outdoors, Medium/Easy grow
Best Marijuana Seed Reviews
1. Blue Dream: Best For Creative Energy
Blue dream is a sativa-dominant hybrid. A popular strain in the US that is reminiscent of a laid-back, cool and dreamy California vibe. Blue dream will deliver a relaxing but invigorating start to a creative day that later eases you into an easy euphoria. With a strong psychoactive uplifting effect Blue Dream has dominant sweet fruity flavor like blueberries with a touch of pine.
The main features of Blue Dream include:
- Strain best defined as creative
- Originating in California Blue Dream is the best selling strain on the West Coast
- Medicinal BenefitsThe Blue Dream strain is often used for alleviating symptoms of insomnia, pain, and stress. The effect of balancing energy and relaxation makes this a great strain for relieving stress and anxiety blocking the creative drive.
- Medium skill needed to CultivateBlue Dream requires a bit of patience and attention to grow well but with the needed attention you can expect a high yield. The strain is affected by temperature changes and the sweet aroma will attract insect pests meaning that ideally this is a strain to grow indoors, ideally with a hydroponic system. To get optimal nuggety heads you will need to prune regularly and It will take nine to ten weeks to get to flowering.
- Sweet Medium Strength AromaYou will find this strain sweet and pleasant with a flavor dominated by blueberries and a hint of pine.
What's to Like About Blue Dream
We like the strong psychoactive effect of this strain bringing which settles into a dreamy relaxed high while enhancing drive and creativity rather than having you glued to the couch. We also like the fact that this highly popular and nicely balance strain produces minimal side effects. The amazing aroma will have you dreaming of picking blueberries!
On a medicinal note, Blue Dream also offers fast relief of symptoms of pain and depression without a heavy sedative effects. This makes Blue Dream a popular daytime medicine for patients requiring a high THC strain.
What’s Not to Like About Blue Dream
Not much to say that we dislike about this strain and its popularity underpins the lack of negatives. The strain is great for helping to alleviate pain and can help with insomnia by virtue of pain reduction and stress relief, but this strain is one better for day-time use though it can help with insomnia and chilling at the end of a busy day with the relief of pain and stress.
2. Bergman’s Gold Leaf: Best For Euphoria
There’s plenty to like about Bergman’s Gold Leaf (Fem). If you’re looking for a plant that will offer euphoria and relaxation, then this is it. Its smoke is very smooth and gives you balanced levels of both CBD and THC. More than that, you will also love how it is 40% Sativa and 60% Indica, thus offering a very powerful high.
The main features of the Bergman’s Gold Leaf (Fem) include:
- Medicinal Benefits
This particular type of seed offers the perfect results for medical cannabis patients. It helps to eliminate pain, improve appetite, and give you a full-bodied high.
- Easy to Cultivate
If you’re a beginner, the Bergman’s Gold Leaf (Fem) is a great option. The seeds are easy to work with and to cultivate, providing an impressively high yield. You can also grow it either outdoors or indoors, depending on your preference.
- Highly Pungent Aroma
Ideal for people who prefer the smell of marijuana, you will find these seeds produce highly pungent sweet, spicy, earthy aroma.
What to Like About the Bergman’s Gold Leaf
The first thing to appreciate about these seeds is how easy they are to work with. In fact, you will find that the seeds will sprout almost immediately. They also offer a reliable rate of growth and produce incredibly high yields.
What’s more is that you’ll also love how adaptable these plants are, especially in warmer climates. If you live in a warmer area, you can grow a plant that reaches up to seven feet tall.
What’s Not to Like About the Bergman’s Gold Leaf
The main issue that you might have with Bergman’s Gold Leaf (Fem) is how pungent its smell is. Once the bud has been smoked, there’s no way of masking the odor. Though it offers many benefits, it’s not recommended for everyday consumption. This is especially true if you consume medicinal marijuana before work or school.
3. Green Crack: Best For An Energetic Lift
The main features of Green Crack include:
- Strain best defined as energetic
- Medicinal Benefits
Green Crack helps to fight fatigue, stress and depression which can help you to kickstart your drive and creative process if you have fallen into a deep slump. Suffers of chronic fatigue, stress or depression may find this strain very helpful.
- Easy to CultivateIf you’re a beginner, you will find Green Crack is not challenging to grow and the yield is good. It will take nine to ten weeks to get to flowering and you can also grow this strain either outdoors or indoors.
- Highly Pungent AromaYou will find this strain aromatic and pleasant with a flavor dominated by mango and hints of citrus.
What's to Like About Green Crack
Easy to grow and pleasant to use. We like the high this aromatic strain gives which is smooth, relaxing and full bodied, leading to a feeling of confidence, energy, happiness and wakefulness to tackle a new day.
What’s Not to Like About Green Crack
Some users may experience dehydration with dry mouth and discomfort with the eyes. Headache or paranoia may occur for some users. This strain, which is ideal for daytime use, is not recommended for the evening or nighttime use before bed as it may lead to restlessness and insomnia.
4. Sour Diesel: Best For An Energetic Lift
Sour Diesel is a sativa dominant sativa/indica hybrid strain that has a reputation for delivering a fast acting cerebral, energetic high. Sour Diesel is reknowned for its strong, near psychedelic inducing high making Stress, pain, and depression fade away in long-lasting relief for up to five hours that makes Sour Diesel a top choice among medical patients. Its effect is near immediate and the long lasting induced high is energetic and can be near psychedelic without a weighted down feeling.
The main features of Sour Diesel include:
- Strain best defined as energetic
- Fast onset and a ‘guaranteed’ energy driven ‘psychedelic' high that lasts for up to 5 hours
- Medicinal BenefitsSour Diesel can be used to manage stress and depression and the energetic low lethargy response makes this strain good to use for daytime pain relief. People who have trouble with arthritic conditions can also take advantage of the anti-inflammatory properties. ADD and ADHD symptoms can be relieved, allowing users to concentrate on tasks and its appetite-inducing properties are of use after chemical radiation.
- Relatively easy to grow indoors with good light and humidity managementSour Diesel can be grown indoors for best results and likes lots of light and low humidity Given that the environment for this strain is well managed, you can expect a high yield.
- Very Strong Pungent Earthy Diesel AromaYou will find this strain has a very strong diesel fuel like aroma that has notes of sourness, herbal, earthiness and lemon.
What's to Like About Sour Diesel
Once used to the aroma this strain will produce a long and no-fail euphoric energetic high and this can be very useful for managing lethargy brought on by stress and depression. Sour Diesel is good for day-time pain relief due to its strong and fast onset without a feeling of couch-lock, rather the user is left with a euphoric feeling and need to tackle tasks.
Sour Diesel has been reported as useful for People who are challenged with arthritic conditions due to the anti-inflammatory physiological response. ADD and ADHD symptoms can be relieved, allowing users to concentrate on tasks and its appetite-inducing properties are of use after chemical radiation. The long last and uplifting energetic high of this strain makes it a favorite with recreational users too.
What’s Not to Like About Sour Diesel
Sour Diesel earns its name for smelling strongly like diesel fuel and this strain will need to be managed for it strong odor when growing it.
Inexperienced users may be perturbed by the near psychedelic nature and overly optimistic nature of the long lasting high that this strain brings on especially if users take a dosage higher than recommended and this may lead to paranoia. Users of this strain will need to be conscious of their water intake to counter dehydration affects with dry mouth and eyes.
5. Dr. Grinspoon: For An Energetic High
Dr. Grinspoon (Fem) is a pure Sativa, which is ideal for people who are looking for an energetic high. The seeds produce thin and tall plants that take a little longer to flower than other varieties. However, once the plant is mature, the colas are beautiful to look at. They appear as red-brown and green beads with gentle THC crystals.
The main features of Dr. Grinspoon (Fem) include:
- Pure Heirloom Sativa
Ideal for people who aren’t looking for a relaxed high, this strain is an excellent choice. With its heirloom Sativa genetics, you will appreciate its long-lasting energetic high. You’ll also notice that it will help with your levels of productivity throughout the day.
- Fruity Aroma
Compared to dense and heavy aromas, Dr. Grinspoon (Fem) may be preferable. It has a natural blend of lemon and sumac, and the smoke is also very light and has a tangy hint of citrus and other tropical fruits.
What to Like About Dr. Grinspoon
The main thing you will like about these seeds is that they help to produce beautiful plants. This is especially true if you’re designing an aesthetic grow operation. We also appreciated the light head-high that this strain produces. There wasn’t any worry of feeling over-encumbered or heavy after smoking it.
What’s Not to Like About Dr. Grinspoon
The only disadvantage to Dr. Grinspoon (Fem) is the fact that it takes a very long time to flower. As it has to be harvested in mid-November, the plant needs up to 100 days to fully flower. We also found that it grows very tall, which makes it difficult to manage indoors.
6. Granddaddy Purple: Best For Relaxation and Sleep
Granddaddy Purple is a mainly indica strain that was introduced in California in 2003 and has become one of the most popular strains globally. Granddaddy Purple is renowned for its deeply sedative effect bringing on deep relaxation for the mind and body that leads to sleepiness and the munchies. It has a sweet flavor with hints of grapes and berries The deep relaxation that Granddaddy Purple brings on makes it ideal for managing pain and stress, insomnia and also loss of appetite.
With a strong sedative effect that delivers deep relaxation Granddaddy Purple produces a mild calming buzz.
The main features of Granddaddy Purple include:
- Strain best defined as relaxed and sleepy
- Originating in California in 2003, Granddaddy Purple is a globally popular strain
- Medicinal BenefitsGranddaddy Purple is often used for alleviating symptoms pain, stress, insomnia, appetite loss, and muscle spasms. It is definitely a strain for the evening if you need to be productive during the day.
- Easy to medium skill needed to CultivateGranddaddy Purple can be grown indoors or outdoors but for best results it is best to grow indoors as this strain likes strict humidity control and even temperature. Given that the environment for this strain is well managed, you can expect a huge yield.
- Sweet Medium Strength AromaYou will find this strain sweet and pleasant fruity, berry and grape flavor.
What to Like About Granddaddy Purple
The strong sedative effect of this strain makes it ideal for relaxing the body at the end of a heavy day or week while your mind can float in a dreamy buzz which can make you sleepy if stress and worry has been keeping you awake. The sweet taste of grapes and berries with this strain makes it a pleasant strain to use for those who like these flavors. Medical use of this strain covers pain, stress, insomnia and appetite loss, but it is ideal for unwinding from heavy work pressures too if these are keeping you awake at night.
What’s Not to Like About Granddaddy Purple
This is an evening or night time strain for its use. Don’t use this strain if you need to be active, alert and energized during the day as this strain will cause sleepiness…but that is one of the great virtues of the strain along with managing pain, stress and loss of appetite. Dry mouth and dry eyes can be an issue but can be managed by drinking plenty of water.
7. Blue Velvet: Best For A Fast-Hitting High
Blue Velvet (Fem) is arguably one of the most interesting types of seeds on this list. It has plenty of history dating back to the 1990s. You’ll appreciate not only the taste of the buds but also the yield. Also, it’s one of the few seeds that can be grown both indoors and outdoors.
The main features of the Blue Velvet (Fem) include:
- Original Seed-Stock
Every Blue Velvet (Fem) seed is bred from the original seed-stock developed in the 1990s. Dutch Passion worked with the original breeder of Blueberry to create a full-bodied aroma.
- Fast-hitting High
Its most impressive feature is the fact that it offers a fast-hitting high. Not only will it get the job done quickly, but it’s also incredibly smooth.
- Indoor and Outdoor Growth
It is easy to grow Blue Velvet (Fem) indoors because it only reaches a height of 60 centimeters at most. In terms of growing the plant outdoors, it can get up to three meters if grown in the right conditions.
Another interesting feature is its coloration. When outdoors, you will notice a blue tinge to the colas (hence, the name), and this can be achieved with cool indoor temperatures as well.
- Easy to Harvest
When it comes time to harvest by the end of September, you will notice how easy it is. Getting cuttings from Blue Velvet (Fem) is easier than with other strains.
What to Like About the Blue Velvet
The main thing we liked about the Blue Velvet (Fem) seeds is the fact that they are easy to work with. As the plant can be grown both indoors and outdoors, it fits into many grow operations.
The flavor of the buds once matured is also impressive. They have a heavy fruity flavor with subtle floral notes. Above all else, Blue Velvet (Fem) is very potent and will get you high very easily.
What’s Not to Like About the Blue Velvet
The main issue we had with the Blue Velvet (Fem) is its cost. Because it’s a very heavy-hitting high, it will be slightly pricier than other strains. For the same amount of seeds, you can save $30 or more by choosing different seeds.
8. Bubba Kush: Best For Medicinal Use
Perfect for enthusiasts looking for a medicinal high, Bubba Kush (Fem) is a great choice. You’ll find that it effectively fights insomnia and helps to treat pain.
The main features of Bubba Kush (Fem) include:
- Narcotic High
If you’re looking for a product to knock your pain away, this is it. Once smoked, you’ll feel a narcotic type of high that is long lasting. It will surely help you to fall asleep with no issues.
- Short and Dense
Perfect for growing indoors, the seeds produce a short and dense plant. You will be able to have a fantastic yield for personal use.
- Short Flowering Time
When planted indoors, the Bubba Kush (Fem) seeds will flower in nine weeks or less.
- Prize Winner
Bubba Kush (Fem) won the High Times Cannabis Cup in 1996, which proves that it’s a reputable strain to use to your advantage.
What to Like About the Bubba Kush
The most important advantage to these seeds is their power. Medicinal marijuana is one of the most powerful types and is ideal for treating many ailments. From being unable to sleep to improving your pain levels, it’s a fantastic bud to use.
We also liked how if planted outdoors, it’s ready to harvest by the first week of October.
What’s Not to Like About the Bubba Kush
The largest disadvantage to these seeds is the fact that they’re so intense. If you’re someone who is trying marijuana for the first time, this strain may be overwhelming.
As it’s designed to eliminate pain, it’s going to give you an overwhelming full-body high. It’s best used by experienced marijuana growers and smokers.
Purchasing marijuana seeds is an investment. If you’re someone who needs weed for medicinal purposes, you need to find the right seeds immediately. As there is a lot that goes into developing seeds, there is also a lot involved with finding the right ones. By looking for the key features, you’ll know exactly what to purchase.
1. Finding the Right Strain
The first thing you’re going to need to do is to find the right strain. There are three strains in total, though two of them are the most popular. Sativa and Indica are what you’re going to want to take into consideration. This is because Ruderalis only produces a very low level of THC, which renders it essentially useless.
- Sativa Strains
Sativa strains are known for how tall they get when they grow; some plants get as high as five meters. They are also known to take longer to mature than Indica plants by one to two months.
When growing the seeds, your plants are going to need far more light than with Indica plants. Also, they are known for lower CBD contents and higher counts of THC. This results in Sativa giving you a far more energized high.
- Indica Strains
Indica, on the other hand, is recommended for people dealing with medical ailments. According to Peace Naturals, Indica helps with relaxation, nausea, acute pain, and appetite.
The plants are designed to be shorter and bushier, providing a much higher yield than Sativa plants. With higher CBD counts and lower levels of THC, you will receive more medicinal benefits than recreational ones.
2. Finding the Right Kind of High
Another important factor to take into account is the type of high you’re looking for. Some people prefer the idea of being relaxed whereas others want improved productivity. This is all in relation to the type of strain you’re looking into.
If you want a more energetic head-high, you’re going to want to find a Sativa strain. On the other hand, choosing Indica will give you a full-bodied and heavy high that will relax your mind and body.
3. The Price Factor
No matter how you look at it, investing in marijuana seeds is the most cost-effective way to get good-quality weed. Instead of having to pay $10 for every gram (or more), you can pay $90 for five seeds to have your own plants.
With that being said, there are other items you’ll have to invest in for growing. For example, you’ll need all of the necessary equipment for an indoor garden. You will also have to invest in fertilizers and plant protectors to prevent diseases and pests.
4. Where to Grow Cannabis: Outdoors or Indoors
You might be wondering where to grow your plants: indoors or outdoors? In all honesty, the choice is up to you. Some people prefer to grow it indoors whereas others like it outdoors.
It also depends on the type of seeds you’re purchasing. In most cases, seed banks will tell you what seeds are best to grow indoors and outdoors. If you’re looking for the most cost-effective way to grow, we recommend outdoors. However, you’re going to need to make sure you live in an area with the right weather for your type of plant.
5. Check Your State’s Regulations
Above all else, it’s imperative to check your state’s regulations. Shopping for weed seeds online seems simple until you don’t ever receive your order. Some states allow for the legal purchase of weed, but do not allow you to grow them at home.
Also, if you want to become a retailer, you may have to sign up for special certifications. It’s always better to do the research so that you can be safe rather than sorry.
Best Marijuana Seeds FAQs
1. Is it legal to buy marijuana seeds?
There are many places around the world where you can legally buy weed seeds. We’ve created a list of the states and their basic laws. It’s recommended that you do a sufficient amount of research before purchasing, as some states are not listed below.
Also, there are some states who have yet to set regulations pertaining to growing marijuana.
- Alaska: Adults over 21 can grow up to six plants
- Arizona: Medical marijuana patients can have 12 plants
- California: Adults over 21 can grow up to six plants
- Colorado: Any adult can grow up to six plants
- Connecticut: Growing is not permitted
- Delaware: Growing is not permitted
- District of Columbia: Adults over 21 can grow up to six plants
- Florida: Growing is not permitted
- Hawaii: Medical marijuana patients can have up to seven plants
- Illinois: Growing is not permitted
- Maine: Maine residents can have up to 12 immature plants
- Maryland: Growing is not permitted
- Massachusetts: Adults over 21 can grow up to six plants
- Michigan: Primary caregivers can grow up to 12 plants
- Montana: Registered cardholders can have up to 12 seedlings
- Nevada: Adults over 21 can grow up to six plants
- New Hampshire: Growing is not permitted
- New Jersey: Growing is not permitted
- New Mexico: Registered license holders can grow up to 12 plants
- New York: Growing is not permitted
- North Dakota: Qualified patients can grow up to eight plants
- Ohio: Growing is not permitted
- Oregon: Adults over 21 can grow up to four plants
- Pennsylvania: Growing is not permitted
- Rhode Island: Cardholders can own up to 12 seedlings
- Vermont: Registered patients can grow up to seven immature plants
- Washington: Qualifying patients can grow up to six plants
2. What are feminized seeds?
Feminized seeds, just as their name suggests, are female seeds. They prevent the need to germinate the seeds, which helps to save you time and space. You may want to consider female seeds because they help you to get the highest yield out of a single plant.
In fact, 99.9% of the time, female seeds will produce female plants, which is simply less of a headache for growers.
3. How to germinate marijuana seeds?
Germinating marijuana seeds is quite simple. All you need is two clean plates, your seeds, and paper towels.
- Step 1: Soak your paper towels in distilled water. Make sure they’re very wet but that there isn’t any excess water.
- Step 2: Put the paper towels on the plate and then add the seeds. Make sure they’re at least an inch apart. You can then cover them with the remaining sheets of wet paper towels.
- Step 3: Flip the other plate on top of the seed plate and keep it in a room between 70 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 4: Monitor the seeds and make sure the paper towel stays wet. Germinating can take several days.
4. How to store marijuana seeds?
If you take the time to store your weed seeds properly, you can make them last longer than five years. The three key features are cold, dry, and dark. You can store them in your fridge or your freezer.
It’s important that you leave them in the cold atmosphere until you want to germinate them. Furthermore, make sure they’re never exposed to direct sunlight or humidity.
5. How long do marijuana seeds last?
As mentioned, marijuana seeds can last for more than five years if they are stored properly. In fact, professional growers find that some seeds still offer their full-life potential after 10 years.
When it came to choosing the best of the weed seeds, this is difficult because it does depend on what you are looking for in the strain you want to use, but we opted for the legendary Blue Dream strain.
We really like the fact that this famous Californian variety produces a smooth and balanced high that is really great to use during the day when you want a creative lift, and with minimal side effects.
The other thing we really like about this strain is the aroma of berries which rounds out Blue Dream as our favorite.